Y.O.U.’S SUMMER 2021 HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS ARE OFFICIALLY HYBRID! There will be virtual and in-person opportunities across programs!
The team is ready to safely offer some engaging hybrid learning experiences for ETHS students this summer. All programs offer students up to $250.00 in stipends over a 7-week period (Monday, June 14th – Friday, July 30th). Stipends may vary based on engagement and attendance.
Apply today at www.youthopportunity.org/eths and we will be in touch!
#nothingstopsunity // Banner art by: Angel Cruz (ETHS Student)
Your Y.O.U. High School Program Team
This past summer, students from Y.O.U.'s Base Camp program worked on STEAM projects for seven weeks. Check out Humble Stars - written, recorded, and produced by ETHS students and incredible sister duo, Indira and Makeda AKA Constellation x IndiMoney! Please share the link + SPREAD THE WORD!!!
- In partnership with The Talking Farm, students in Y.O.U.’s urban garden program will learn about all aspects of managing an organic garden.
- Students will be in a virtual session on Tuesdays where they will learn different aspects of gardening such as seedling care, composting, and crop planning.
- On Thursdays, students will take what they learned by preparing the garden beds, planting seedlings, and harvesting produce while in person at the Y.O.U. garden.
Program Leader: Olivia Tsotsos (They/Them/Theirs) email@example.com
- Summer Base Camp is a summer program where participants will be given up to $150 to pursue a project of their choosing. This project can be any STEAM project, ranging from robotics, music, fashion, coding, electronics, or any other STEAM project you can think of.
- Participants will have an opportunity to share and develop skills with high school peers, in addition to, learning about STEAM opportunities post-high school.
- If you have questions you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Leadership Project is a space that allows youth to explore the intersections of race and class through research, art, and discussions.
- This summer, students will critically think about and discuss what societal structures impact a community and will work continue working with the Northwestern University's Block Museum
Program Leader: Allen Moore (He/Him/His) email@example.com
- Peer is a summer bridge program that supports rising 9th grade students as they transition to high school
- Come build relationships with peers and other adults, and connect with resources at your high school to help gain the skills and confidence needed to navigate high school!
- Through engaging virtual and small in-person activities, you will be able to imagine your ideal high school experience and create plans to achieve your goals.
Program Leaders: Destiny Watson (She/Her/Hers) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safer Space is a program dedicated to youth who are in the LGTBQ+ community or youth who are questioning their gender and or sexuality.
- This space consists of weekly check-ins, discussions surrounding LGBTQ+ issues, and occasional virtual movie nights.
***If you are interested in learning more, please contact Olivia Tsotsos directly at email@example.com.
Stayed tuned for other opportunities like Friday workshops and socials!!!
Allen Moore (He/Him/His) - Makaerspace Instructional Specialist // firstname.lastname@example.org // 847.801.0220
Chris Essex (He/Him/His) - Maker Manager // email@example.com // 847.801.0314
Destiny Watson (She/Her/Hers) - High School Youth Worker // firstname.lastname@example.org // 847.306.3570
Olivia Tsotsos (They/Them/Theirs) - Community Case Manager // email@example.com // 847.801.0269
Tosha Jorden (They/Them/Theirs) - Youth & Family Counselor // firstname.lastname@example.org // 847.801.0312