High School Programming: Fall 2021 Student Applications
Food, Farming, Future (F-Cubed) Open to: All ETHS Students// Schedule: Tuesdays 4:00-5:30pm (In-Person), Thursdays 4:00-5:30pm (In-Person) // Start Date: Tuesday, September 14th Stipend: Up to $150.00
- In partnership with The Talking Farm, students in Y.O.U.’s urban garden program will learn about all aspects of managing an organic garden.
- There will be an offinline weekly scavenger hunt that will allow youth to explore nature native to Evanston.
- Youth will meet weekly to discuss environmental issues such as environmental racism, energy conservation, and industrial farming. Youth will also receive weekly meal kits (recipe included) with produce from the garden! Stipends are based on participation and attendance.
Program Leaders: Olivia Tsotsos (They/Them/Theirs) email@example.com & Kee Taylor (They/Them/Theirs) firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Camp - Open to: All ETHS Students // Schedule: Mondays from 2:30pm - 4:00pm, Wednesdays from 3:45pm-5:15pm // Start Date: Monday, October 4th Stipend: Up to $125.00
- Base Camp is a program in which participants will have an opportunity to explore STEAM. As a participant, you will be sent 4 different STEAM kits each covering a different STEAM topic.
- Participants will have an opportunity to share and develop skills with their high school peers and learn about STEAM opportunities post-high school.
- Participants will also qualify to receive funding for their own STEAM project in the spring. Stipends are based on participation and attendance.
Program Leaders: Chris Essex (He/Him/His) email@example.com // Allen Moore (He/Him/His) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leadership Project – Open to: All ETHS Students // Schedule: Thursdays from 3:00pm - 4:00pm // Start Date: Tuesday, October 5th Stipend: Up to $100.00
- The Leadership Project is a space that allows youth to explore the intersections of race and class through research, art, and discussions.
- This fall, you will critically think about and discuss how Eurocentrism has impacted the ways people and their bodies are policed.
- Working with Northwestern’s Block Museum, you will explore the connection between art and identity by examining pieces of artwork from the Block Museum’s own collection. Stipends are based on participation and attendance.
Program Leader: Allen Moore (He/Him/His) email@example.com
Safer Space - Open to: All ETHS Students // Schedule: Mondays from 4:00pm-5:00pm // Start Date: Monday, October 4th | *This program does not include a student stipend, but will have other incentives for student participants!
- Safer Space is a program dedicated to youth who are in the LGTBQ+ community or youth who are questioning their gender and or sexuality.
- This space consists of weekly check-ins, discussions surrounding LGBTQ+ issues, and occasional virtual movie nights.
***If you are interested in learning more, please contact Olivia Tsotsos directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Leaders: Olivia Tsotsos (They/Them/Theirs) email@example.com and Tosha Jorden (They/Them/Theirs) firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s A RAP– Open to: All ETHS Students // Schedule: TBD // Start Date: Monday, October 8th
- Its A RAP is a mindfulness music workshop offered on Fridays starting in October for youth who are 16-21 years old who live in the Chicago Land Area.
- This group is for you if you have an interest in making music, poetry, singing, rapping, meditation and community gatherings. This group is for you if you want to learn more about the music making process.
- This group is for you if you are open to cyphering, freestyling, music production, beat making, and open mics. Join Indira, a recent ETHS graduate and myself in this workshop opportunity this fall.
Program Leader: Tosha Jorden (They/Them/Theirs) email@example.com
Other Fall Program Offerings...
Stayed tuned for other opportunities like Friday workshops and socials!!!
For more information or for enrollment/application questions, contact the Y.O.U. High School Team:
Allen Moore (He/Him/His) - Makaerspace Instructional Specialist // firstname.lastname@example.org // 847.801.0220
Chris Essex (He/Him/His) - Maker Manager // email@example.com // 847.801.0314
Destiny Watson (She/Her/Hers) - High School Youth Worker // firstname.lastname@example.org // 847.306.3570
Olivia Tsotsos (They/Them/Theirs) - Community Case Manager // email@example.com // 847.960. 3763
Tosha Jorden (They/Them/Theirs) - Youth & Family Counselor // firstname.lastname@example.org // 847.801.0312
Kee Taylor (They/Them/Theirs) - High School Youth Worker // email@example.com // 847.801.0269